This course assumes that the student has reached a reasonably high level of competence and experience in cleaning carpets and rugs.
It is also intended to be an essential reference and resource for those who are concerned with maintaining residential (domestic) or commercial (contract) wool carpets and rugs, whether they become a WoolSafe-Approved Carpet Care Specialist or not.
Ideally, candidates will benefit from having previously attended, either:-
- Prochem One-Day Carpet (C1) & One-Day Upholstery Cleaning courses (U1), or
- Prochem Two-Day Carpet (C2) & One-day Upholstery Cleaning courses (U1), or
- NCCA 2-Day Carpet & Upholstery courses, or
- IICRC 3-Day Carpet Cleaning Technician and Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning courses
With this objective in mind, the course initially follows wool fibre from fleece, to yarn, to carpet, and therefore, it describes aspects of textile processing and carpet manufacture.
Initial processing and carpet or rug construction is followed by basic issues concerned with actual cleaning. These aspects of what are essentially textile technology, determine the ways in which wool carpet and rugs should be maintained and cleaned.
Covid-19 update: Classroom courses are currently limited to 20 delegates per course. Control measures and hygiene procedures remain in place, including social distancing with face masks being optional.
- Courses commence at 09.00 and finish at 16.30.
- Included in the cost is a hot meal plus buffet lunch along with 2 coffee breaks.
- All attendees will get a fully comprehensive training and reference manual to take away, as well as Certificate of Attendance.
- Parking is available on site.
- Directions and a list of local hotels are available on request.